Eat Well, Play Well
Grades K–2 (90 minutes each)
Pairs well with:
- Tours—Johnny Appleseed
- Shows—My Plate: The Musical
Good-bye food pyramid, hello My Plate! Your class will have fun playing healthy choice games and learning that diet and daily decisions play a large role in their health and safety. Exhibit exploration and hands-on activities will help your students discover ways to balance food and activity for a healthier lifestyle.
What will my students do?
- Enjoy a live theatre performance emphasizing balance and healthy choices
- Play a game in which students classify foods into proper categories using the My Plate model
- Explore one aspect—sugar—of some of our favorite snacks.
- Choose physical activities that can help to balance food intake with energy burning
What will my students learn?
- We can make choices that will help our bodies stay healthy
- The My Plate diagram is a tool we use to help us eat the right kind and the right amount of food
- How to balance their sugar consumption
- Focus on multiple aspects of foods to determine if they are healthy or not. not
- Exercise can be fun AND beneficial