Minnetrista Annual Juried Art Show & Sale is a long-standing exhibit that honors local artists, encouraging visual arts within the community. View the wide range of artwork in various mediums for yourself, on display February 23 through May 5, or submit your very own artistic creation in the exhibit.
Try something out of the ordinary with friends this month and explore mosaic design by cutting, adhering, and grouting different sizes and shapes of multicolored glass. Forming a distinctive piece of art to display and use at home!
Event programming includes the second annual Create for the Dream art contest—in which local artists embrace black history through original artwork in a variety of mediums. A silent art auction and raffle will also be held the morning of February 2, from 9:30 a.m. to Noon, during a continental breakfast.
- Kids and parents will have the opportunity to start the New Year in a positive light, through engaging activity stations that test flexibility, balance, and nutrition know-how. Kids can experience all of the exciting stations including “Supermarket Nutrition,” “Veggie Power,” “Advertising Detectives,” “The Power of Exercise,” and many more! Families will explore the truths about relevant health questions such as how day-to-day exercise routines and food intake affect the body and mind.
- Campers will enjoy two full days of dinosaur excitement! Kids will build their own replica Nodosaurid dinosaur, play dino bingo, build a Pangaea puzzle with friends, and participate in an archeology dig. The fun continues as you learn about the layers of the earth with personalized ice art, make dinosaur fossils and footprints, and seek out dino tracks in an interactive game!
- Explore the fun of constructing a sugary creation—and leave with a colorful treat to display at home! Minnetrista shows you the basics of making a charming gingerbread home—and you transform it into a dazzling gingerbread masterpiece!
- Design a one-of-a-kind dish for the holidays! Personalize your creation with winter-themed templates, free-hand drawings, or seasonal sayings. Workshop staff will teach you how to cut and construct a unique holiday plate—great for a couple of cookies for Santa or a handful of candies for guests!
- Embrace the spirit of the holiday at Minnetrista this season, by wandering along the Boulevard, enjoying the snowy vistas, and listening to the sound of sleigh bells. Adults and children will enjoy winter entertainment and activities; including theatre performances, tasty treats, music, carriage rides, and campfires.
- Make the holidays extra special this season with home-made chutney! Minnetrista Canning Workshop: Chutney & Hot Chocolate, November 27, is the perfect opportunity to prepare a scrumptious dish that you can enjoy at your next holiday dinner!
- Camp Minnetrista: Black Friday Camp—Get Prepped for the Holidays! shows kids how to make all kinds of winter-inspired decorations including jingle bell shakers, hot chocolate mix jars, faerie house ornaments, elf hats, and much more!