Prep CookJob #16 Category: Sales And Events Departments
|Position Title:||Prep Cook|
|Reporting Department:||Sales and Events Department|
|Reporting Supervisor:||Catering Supervisor|
|Location:||Minnetrista Cultural Center|
|Status:||Non-exempt - Part Time|
This position will produce and deliver a variety of meal types—from continental breakfasts, board luncheons, formal dinners, light refreshments and other approved food requests for receptions, events, meetings and tour groups.
- One to two years of experience in food preparation
- Must be detail oriented in the procedures of food preparation and presentation.
- Must have understanding of food safety and health department standards.
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor focus. S/he should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything –vision, values, mission, goals and strategies.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Food preparation of hot and cold food items.
- Assist catering team in buffet service and hand-served meals.
- Set up kitchen area for assembly work.
- Responsible for table set up.
- Clean and sanitize supplies, equipment and work area for next preparation day.
- Assist with dishes and event clean up.
- Distribute finished product to proper location in a timely manner.
- May assist with recipe development.
- Manage food inventory and food delivery check-ins.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Will have exposure to food items and kitchen utensils daily. Will work in a kitchen environment and serve visitors.
Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds. A valid driver’s license or state identification is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925