Sales Events AssistantJob #52 Category: Sales And Events Departments
|Position Title:||Sales & Events Assistant|
|Reporting Department:||Sales and Events|
|Reporting Supervisor:||Sales and Events Manager|
|Length of Appointment:||Year Round|
|Status:||Non-exempt - Part Time|
The Sales & Events Assistant will provide support and assistance to the Sales & Events department in a variety of capacities. The main responsibility of this position will be organizing and executing the operations of the Minnetrista Farmers Market. This position is also expected to assist with leased functions and other Minnetrista events, including support to kitchen and catering operations. Working hours will be days, evenings, some holidays, and all weekends during event and Minnetrista Farmers Market season.
- Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Catering, event service, and farmers market experience is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to work independently, with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multitask and manage time well
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office Suite skills are necessary
- Qualities: flexible, reliable, courteous, self-motivated, respectful, and authoritative
- Team and project oriented-must work well with staff, interns, vendors, and volunteers
- Must be able to work interdepartmentally
- Requires little or no supervision to carry out responsibilities
- Neat and professional appearance and attire required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- High school education or higher required
- Must have availability for 2-3 days during the week for office hours, as well as weekend and evening availability
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. S/he should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, including senior management. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything: vision, values, mission, goals and strategies.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function
- Organize full and balanced selection of Minnetrista Farmers Market vendors to ensure optimal visitor experience and generate steady market revenue.
- Be present and oversee the functioning of Minnetrista Farmers Market.
- Stay updated with regulatory requirements associated with farmers markets, governmental programs, and department of health standards.
- Ensure market vendors are compliant with health department and Minnetrista Farmers Market guidelines set forth in the market agreement contract.
- Keep track of any Minnetrista Farmers Market vendor violations or complaints and notify supervisor when action is required.
- Coordinate and communicate weekly Farmers Market set ups with other departments in a timely manner.
- Facilitate annual Minnetrista Farmers Market kick-off meeting for vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain and follow up on all inquiries regarding Minnetrista Farmers Market in a timely manner.
- Maintain relevant, up-to-date statistics associated with Minnetrista Farmers Market and provide reports as requested.
- Conduct inspections of farms as needed to ensure that vendors are compliant with Minnetrista Farmers Market agreement.
- Address and help solve vendor disputes and behaviors. Remain professional and become the mediator when there are inter-vendor problems.
- Assist Sales & Events staff with set up and tear down of internal and leased events.
- Serve as a part of the catering staff handling banquet set up, food preparation, servicing and cleaning during catered functions.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and leased events, especially on Saturday mornings during the summer for Minnetrista’s Farmers Market.
- Assist with institutional and signature events as required.
- Manage small decorations, equipment inventory, and other miscellaneous projects during office hours.
- Perform all other duties required.
Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions and stand/move for at least eight hours consistently. Must be able to independently lift 30 pounds.