Communication SpecialistJob #6 Category: Marketing
|Position Title:||Communication Specialist|
|Reporting Department:||Marketing Department|
|Reporting Supervisor:||Marketing Manager|
|Location:||Minnetrista Cultural Center|
|Length of Appointment:||Year-round|
|Status:||Exempt – Full-Time|
To build public awareness of Minnetrista’s events, exhibits, and institutional focus. The communication specialist will maintain consistency of written communications at Minnetrista and will disseminate information to media outlets, advertising partners, and the general public via on-site and off-site communications, including information booths at events. This position will serve to unify the voice of Minnetrista and use industry benchmarks to maintain our institutional message and stylebook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a bachelor degree in marketing, journalism, English, public relations or related field with 3–5 years experience in editing and publication production. Strong written and communication skills are required. Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills are highly desired. Must demonstrate the ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish and work well in a team based environment. Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines is required. Must be able to adapt writing style to a variety of media formats. This position requires creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work well with deadlines. A valid driver’s license is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything –vision, values, mission, goals and strategies.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Develop the content for collateral and other forms of communication.
- Create content for marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise institutional communications.
- Participate in exhibit planning teams as an exhibit text label writer - shaping content for the general public.
- Participate in marketing plan development and implementation.
- Maintain and implement the Minnetrista editorial stylebook.
- Develop, plan, and implement institutional promotional activities and all on-site and off-site communications.
- Coordinate and manage information tables at events and activities.
- Maintain relationships with local media contacts.
- Supervise and support interns in the marketing department.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Typical workstation office environment with computer equipment, fax machine and files and shelves overhead and above work surface.
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925