Visitor Services Assistant - SeasonalJob #2 Category: Visitor Experience
|Position Title:||Visitor Services Assistant - Seasonal|
|Reporting Department:||Visitor Experience|
|Reporting Supervisor:||Visitor Services Manager|
|Location:||All areas of Minnetrista|
|Length of Appointment:||Temporary - June - August|
|Status:||Non-exempt - Part Time|
This position is responsible for creating a positive experience for all guests from their arrival to the time they leave. The Visitor Assistant is the Minnetrista ambassador through educational experiences and customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to work with the public and make them feel welcome by means of initiating conversations; as well as performing as a public speaker with exceptional verbal communication skills and a clear speaking voice. Must be courteous, smile and make eye contact. Must be able to take the initiative to seek out information and transfer that information to others. Must have some understanding of selling and promotional techniques. Must have excellent verbal and telephone skills. Person must present a professional attitude and appearance, sound interpersonal skills, and good record keeping skills. They must be able to follow directions and implement quickly. Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize multiple projects/ tasks. Must be able to walk an average of two to five miles a day. Knowledge of and ability to adapt to different learning styles. Must be able to work with individuals of all ages and backgrounds, especially with children. Must have a working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel along with familiarity with using email and a database.
Minnetrista is a seven-day operation and employee must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule on an “as needed basis”. A valid driver’s license is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything — vision, values, mission, goals and strategies.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function as described below:
- Welcome visitors by engaging them in casual conversation in order to orient them to the site.
- Inform visitors about future programs and events to sell and cross-sell these experiences to the public.
- Process admissions, program & room reservations and other sales using a database for record keeping.
- Provide customer service in the museum lobby by assisting walk-in visitors, processing telephone calls and directing internal communications (phone, email and radio).
- Provide on-site programming.
- Orient and leads school and group tours.
- Give informal and formal presentations to walk-in visitors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of public programs and program materials
- Participate in visitor service training opportunities to gain proficiency in particular skills for the position as well as to learn information regarding Minnetrista and the community it serves.
- Work with, assist and coach volunteers.
- Perform all other duties required.
All public areas of Minnetrista that are indoors and outdoors.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to "show what you know and how it applies to the posted position."