Join us for an all-day field trip experience. Guide your students to various stations throughout Minnetrista's campus for a fun and educational exploration of thematic topics. Students can participate in school tours in addition to the Field Days to gain further hands-on experiences.
Field Days are 4-hour experiences.
$6/student (unless otherwise noted)
Friday, September 30 & Friday, October 7
9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
There are two opportunities for your students to enjoy a whole day of learning the science and history of apples. Students will engage in hands-on experiences that will give them valuable understanding of life cycles, plants and, of course, Johnny Appleseed.
What will my students do?
- Meet Johnny Appleseed
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at Minnetrista’s apple pressing machines at work
- Stroll through our orchard while the fruit is harvested by gardeners
- Make cider with a hand-crank press
- Create an educational apple craft
- Take an apple home with them
- And much more!
What will my students learn?
- Understand that Johnny Appleseed (actually John Chapman) was a real figure in history
- Use their five senses to determine differences in both trees and apples
- Examine and understand how machines have changed over time and have impacted how we get the goods we need and want
- Understand that a tree and the fruit that grows on it is a living thing with a specific process
- Learn the roles of people who help us to obtain our food
- Identify the anatomy of an apple
|Language Arts||Science||Social Studies|
|Kindergarten||K.4.8, K.7.1, K.7.5||K.1.1, K.4.2, K.6.1||K.1.1, K.1.3, K.1.4|
|1st Grade||7.1, 1.7.2, 1.7.5, 1.7.10||1.1.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.5.3, 1.6.2||1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.4|
|2nd Grade||2.7.1, 2.7.2, 2.7.7, 2.7.14||2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.6, 2.3.1, 2.3.4, 2.4.1, 2.4.3, 2.4.4,||2.1.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.4