One such holiday tradition that my family began several years ago is attending The Enchanted Luminaria Walk. We bundle up and head to Minnetrista to soak in the beautiful music, view the spectacular Christmas decorations, and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa. My kids look forward to this event each year. Though the cold weather may be frightful, the warm cherished memories we create are simply delightful.
I created a Family Planner to help keep track of our special traditions. What holiday traditions does your family enjoy together?
Here are a few ideas:
* Play a board game as a family.
* Read a Christmas book each day during the month of December.
* Bake cookies.
* Do a craft together.
* Listen to holiday music.
* Do something kind for a neighbor.
* Share a meal with friends.
* Learn about Christmas traditions from around the world.
Maureen Spell is a former elementary school teacher who now has a classroom of 6 at home. She blogs at Spell Outloud sharing early education activities and homeschool highlights.