Your Weekend To-Do List
Minnetrista has a lot to offer to families in Muncie and all of East Central Indiana this summer! Here's a list of things to do:
1. White River Greenway: Take a walk or bike ride along the White River Greenway. The greenway has had a lot of improvements made to it over the past year or so. The Minnetrista portion of the greenway is stunning right now. Our gardeners spent hours this week planting thousands of annuals along the Minnetrista Boulevard, not to mention the new trees and green spaces that were added last year. Stop at the river overlook and see if you can spot a beaver or a heron!
2. Summer Stage Fest: Minnetrista offers free community concerts all summer long. Our first concert of the series is country duo, Greg and Heather Rhodes, this Saturday, June 18 at 7:30. Picnic on the lawn, let the kids run, and relax!
3. Nature Area and Gardens: You're sure to catch a glimpse of wildlife in our six-acre Backyard Wildlife Habitat! See tadpoles, turtles, ducks, butterflies, and birds. We hear our visitors say repeatedly, "You forget that you're in town when you're in the Nature Area. It's so peaceful." All of our gardens are open to the public for free, everyday. My favorite gardens are the Children's Garden and the Colonnade Garden. Take your kid; they will love it!
4. ROBOTS and Volleyball: For just $5 a person (members, free), you can have the complete Minnetrista Experience. Visit our interactive exhibits this summer and build a robot, play volleyball or Kinect volleyball, watch a staff game of beach volleyball (Coached by Don Shondell!), and much more. I have seen so many little faces light up while playing with the remote controlled robots in the lobby
5. Of course, Farmers Market! This almost goes without saying. The Saturday morning Farmers Market at Minnetrista is just getting better each year. We always run into our friends at the market and find new, delicious things to try. Don't forget, Farmers Market is also open on Wednesdays, 3:30-5:30, for your mid-week shopping needs!
Click map to enlarge!